Friday, February 20, 2009

The Victorious and the Relentless

Episode 22: “Past Regrets”

Cast of New Characters (for this episode)

Priscilla Ashland: sassy and sophisticated, cheeky, average height, late 60’s, blue eyes, sable hair, sexually self-assured mother to Peyton Ashland

Ryan Cabrera’s “True” opens this episode as Talon moves onto the bed, placing his firm body atop Callum’s, their eyes locked in hungry, fevered passion for each other. Callum’s fingertips danced playfully upon the top of Talon’s muscular back, which tensed as he moved his mouth southward to connect with his lover, their tongues in contact as the heat of their touching skin eventually gave way to sweat. Callum’s hands then went to cradle Talon’s head as they continued kissing, Callum moving his mouth to caress Talon’s neck.

Talon: I’ve wanted you for so long now.

Callum (breathily): I know.

He felt the bristles of Talon’s facial hair brush against his soft skin as the man nibbled on his neck and then kissed and suckled briefly on the lobe of his ear, Callum releasing a brief moan. He felt Talon’s strong legs muscles working atop his lower body, and they would soon be fast at work trying to pry his own apart so that the conquest would be easier.

Talon: You’re not putting up much a fight, Sutcliffe.

Callum (breathily once more): Just shut up and kiss me.

Their mouths touched again, Callum loving the warmth of Talon’s lips, his teeth latching onto the lower one and tugging on it. Talon’s hands went to Callum’s shirt, grasping it at the collar and ripping it open, the buttons cascading over his body. Callum wanted to shout at him, alerting him to the fact that he had just damaged a Versace original, but was prevented when Talon’s mouth—pulling from Callum’s—went straight to his exposed nipples and bit at them in retaliation for the lip war which Callum had started.

The hotness of the saliva in tandem with Talon’s clever tongue sent Callum into a fierce fit of writhing passion as he felt Talon’s hands now succeeding in separating his legs. Talon next advanced his body further upon Callum, his weight pinning him to the mattress. Callum could feel Talon’s raging erection through his boxer briefs. Grinding his body into Callum, he soon witnessed the young man’s mouth beginning to curl open to release a loud moan of ecstasy.

Talon (clamping his hand over Callum’s mouth): Shh! You don’t want anyone to hear you.

Callum (lovingly biting Talon’s finger): I don’t care.

Talon: I love you.

Callum (breathily): I know. (raising his mouth to kiss Talon as his hands reach down to yank off Talon’s underwear, his hands spanking his exposed bottom)

Talon (looking lovingly into his eyes): Are you sure you want to do this?

A short pause took place as Callum aggressively rose from his position to push Talon over on his side, next putting himself atop Talon. Callum dramatically kissed the fingertips of his own hand before bringing them down to place upon Talon’s lips. Moments later Talon felt Callum’s mouth upon his cock, excitedly sucking it as if it held the elixir of life. He always loved how Callum could make this part seem so sexually primal yet so full of profound feeling as he at all times made sure they were holding at least one hand together, their fingers interlaced, as if the oral action were only supplementary to this more natural tactile connection.

Talon soon returned the favor, taking his precious time once again as his mouth moved over the sensitive areas of Callum’s body, which he had long missed with a burning fervor. It felt great to have this reconnection with him, his tongue journeying to numerous places that tickled and tantalized Callum, causing Talon to laugh to himself as he realized he hadn’t forgotten any of his lover’s pleasure spots. It was at the moment that his tongue hit the most prominent one in his memory that Callum unleashed a loud moan that complemented the quivering nature of his body’s reaction.

Talon (rushing up to Callum’s mouth): Shh!

Callum (immediately kissing him): As if you really care if anyone hears.

Talon: I want to be with you, Callum… have you! (lying his head upon Callum’s chest, hearing his heart beating rapidly)

Callum (whispering into his Talon’s nearest ear): You can have me now.

Talon (a lone tear coming into his eye): I want you always.

They kissed once more before Callum felt Talon enter him, closing his eyes at the slight hint of mild pain before his body warmly accepted him. He could feel his own breathing increase, his heartbeat race as he locked eyes with Talon, their sweaty bodies pressed tight against each other as Talon pressed forward, a fiery determination present in his eyes. Callum raised both his legs and wrapped them around Talon, effectively locking them both together, two living bodies as one, two chests compressed against each other, their hearts vibrating in unison.

In spite of an oncoming cramp, Callum held his legs in this position, not wanting to let Talon go, and Talon for his part became more rhythmic at his task, his pelvis embarking on a mission of its own. His powerful thrusts and their effects became too much for Callum, whose mouth once more unleashed another wail of carnal rapture, yet this time Talon’s hand fiercely clamped over it as he continued pumping forth with his mission. Callum didn’t resist this display of dominance, for he knew the precarious situation in which they were, his only recourse to look into Talon’s eyes, seeing the beautiful soul that dwelled behind them. Callum at last straightened his legs and tried to move to alleviate the pain of the cramp, but Talon held him down, his other hand immediately going to massage the area as if their minds were one, and he knew where the pain was.

Talon (removing his hand from Callum’s mouth): I love you.

Callum (breathily): And I—uh---ohhhh!

Talon: I love—uh---

Their bodies were momentarily gripped in this mutual state of climax, the orgasm having its domain initially over Callum as his body reacted accordingly. Talon, feeling the immediate effects of Callum’s reaction upon his already moist skin, likewise shared the same feeling of his own body being suspended in this moment of indescribable pleasure as he gave into his own orgasm, which was heightened by the beauty of looking into Callum’s eyes.

He tried to pry himself away from Callum, but he felt Callum’s hands upon his back, holding him down. Talon didn’t want to move, either, yearning to stay in that position eternally, feeling connected to his lover in the most beautiful way, conjoined simultaneously at the eyes and where their union felt right. They stayed in this position for another few minutes before Talon pulled away. He looked over and saw that Callum was crying.

Talon (urgently): I didn’t hurt you, did I?

Callum (teary-eyed): You could never hurt me, Talon.

He then silently rose from the bed and rushed into the bathroom, Talon looking at his retreating figure. Talon took in a deep breath and exhaled, wanting to be forever lost in the magic they had just shared, for it was indeed a special day for them both. For Talon, it had been the first time he had reconnected with Callum in a matter of years.

For Callum, the day held much meaning as it was his wedding day to Lord Gavin Armitage.

BRENDON AND NATHAN’S OLD HOME, SILVER LAKE, SUNDAY EVENING

Nathan was resting peacefully in the bedroom when Brendon left for the kitchen to prepare something to eat, their makeup sex having stimulated his appetite. As he came into hall, he saw a sliver of light issuing from Justin’s room. Brendon crept to it and peeked inside. Justin’s back was to him, but he could see clothing being stuffed into a carry-on suitcase. The sound of the door slamming shut startled the young man, interrupting his task. He turned around to face his father.

Brendon: And just where do you think you’re going?

Justin (grabbing the suitcase): The hell away from here!

Brendon (stopping him from moving forward): You’re not going anywhere!

Justin: Get out of my way!

Brendon: Or else what? You’ll try to drown me as well. Yeah, I saw you. I can’t believe—(pause) Why?

Justin: I hate him.

Brendon (coming face to face): Justin, you attempted to kill another person.

Justin: He made me do it.

Brendon: Stop lying to me. I saw the whole thing. You attacked him.

Justin: I’m telling the—

Brendon: Just shut up, Justin! I know what you’re doing. I wasn’t born yesterday.

Justin: And I was born nearly seventeen years ago, or did you forget that? You just couldn’t wait to forget about me so that you can live it up here in LA with your big Hollywood parties.

Brendon: Justin, it’s not like that. I have apologized for what I did, but that’s no excuse for what you did.

Justin: Sure it is. The facts don’t lie. Fatherless kids are more likely to do criminal activity.

Brendon: You’re not pinning this on me, young man. You know better. What did Nathan ever do to you?

Justin: He took you away from us… me and Mom.

Brendon: Justin, that’s not true, and it isn’t fair to him. I met him a few years after moving here.

Justin: I still hate him, and you can’t do anything about that.

Brendon: You’re going to tell the police you’re lying. I’ll be damned if Nathan goes to jail.

Justin: Why? You’re scared he’ll find someone else to fuck—uh, I mean love—him behind bars?

Brendon (aggressively grabbing the collar of Justin’s shirt, tugging on it): Listen, Boy, I’ve had enough of your trouble. You’re going to march your ass over to Kyle’s and confess everything.

Justin (his feet slightly coming off the ground): And if I don’t?

Brendon (yanks harder on collar, Justin’s face comes into contact his angrily contorted face): I know Vittoria supplies you with drugs. She works for me.

Justin’s eyes dilated at the reference to Vittoria. Brendon relaxed his grip, bringing Justin’s feet back to the ground. The young man tried to recompose himself, taking a deep breath, a pall of fear fell over him.

Justin (backing away): Okay, okay. I’ll tell the truth.

Brendon: Good, son. Consider it a late Father’s Day gift.

Brendon left the room, feeling happy with himself. He still couldn’t shake off the awkward feeling that his son would have committed murder had it not been for Allison’s fortuitous arrival. The thought of murder jolted his mind to Vittoria. He called her to get the status of their project. Now that I have Nathan back, I can’t risk losing him to Callum. Why the hell is she not answering? She had better not be chickening out on me. I’ll just leave her a friendly text message, reminding her of what is at stake if she doesn’t come through. It was after sending the message that he thought to check his own email and voicemail, whereupon he soon learned of her fate.

ALLISON AND CHLOE’S HOME, LOS FELIZ, SUNDAY EVENING

Allison took a sip of red wine and looked at Chloe sitting next to her on the couch, a perfect display of feminine pulchritude. She had her pink feet hidden under the couch cushions, and her hair was still stringy with wetness from her recent shower. She and Allison had a heart-to-heart talk after she had told her the bad news about Peyton. Allison had suggested she take a soothing bath to relax her nerves. Allison wanted to go to the police station to speak with Kyle, but she knew Chloe needed her attention.

Chloe: I can’t believe he’s gone. Have you heard anything else?

Allison: No, just the phone call from Kyle, and he didn’t give me any other details. He just said Peyton died in an accident.

Chloe: Nathan needs to send out an email out to the group.

Allison: Nathan?

Chloe: He’s club president. He should inform everyone of this tragedy.

Allison: I’m sure he knows by now. He had a near run-in with death himself earlier today.

Chloe: What?

Allison: When I went looking for him, he wasn’t at home. I went over to their old house in Silver Lake and found Nathan unconscious in the pool.

Chloe: Oh my God, Allison!

Allison: Don’t worry. I gave him mouth to mouth and revived him.

Chloe (reaching over to take her hand): You saved his life.

Allison: But I wasn’t able to save poor Peyton.

Chloe: You can’t save everyone, but I know he will always have a place in your heart.

Allison: Who? Nathan?

Chloe (yawning): No, silly, I was talking about Peyton.

Allison: Oh yeah, I don’t know where my mind was.

Chloe: I hope for your sake Nathan didn’t mistake the CPR for a kiss.

Chloe rose and went to bed. Allison soon followed suit, her mind ravaged by all the events of the day. Her body yearned for sleep, but as she laid her head on the pillow, she found herself thinking about Nathan before slumber overtook her.

RODRIGO’S APARTMENT, HOLLYWOOD, SUNDAY EVENING

Rodrigo had got back into town after having to leave on an emergency visit to Riverside to check on his mother, whose health had been declining. Upon getting to his apartment, he picked up the phone and called his friends, the band of thugs, who informed him that they did a real number on the guy he had pointed out to them. Mr. Sutcliffe should be really proud of me. I’ll pay him a visit tomorrow. It was at this point he placed the photo of Tristan and Nathan on the collage. I should celebrate. It was when he went to unwind at a bar on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood that he saw his goons had mucked up their plans or had blatantly lied to him. Tristan Bersani was sitting at the bar next to him, sorrowfully drowning himself in alcohol.

TRISTAN’S APARTMENT, WEST HOLLYWOOD, SUNDAY EVENING

After it had been declared safe for them to return to the apartment, Heath and Bralen went back inside. Bralen then broke the bad news of Peyton’s death to Heath, who had to sit down to digest the full impact of the shock. He held back his tears of grief just as he was holding back those of regret. Where is Tristan? I really need him. His body overwhelmed with all the day’s misfortunes, Heath laid his head on the couch pillow and closed his eyes. Bralen looked at him sleeping peacefully and had thought about leaving him but remembered his pledge to Heath that he would stay until Tristan arrived. Nearly two hours had passed before there was a knock at the door. Bralen went to it, thinking it was Tristan who may have lost his keys, but to his surprise it was Kyle.

Bralen: Kyle?

Kyle: Is he okay? (pushing inside)

It was so awkward for Bralen to see him so soon. Just that morning they had regretted kissing each other. There was another uncomfortable exchange of looks between them as Bralen gestured over to Heath’s sleeping figure on the couch. All Kyle could see was an orb of black snuggled against a pillow, prompting him to do a double take. Bralen quickly explained that Heath had dyed his hair.

Kyle: You said that he was attacked. Who did it? Where did it happen?

Bralen: You should ask him. (pause) I-I’m going to leave now. I-I still can’t believe that Peyton’s gone.

Kyle: And so is Tristan’s roommate.

Bralen: What?

Kyle: This is to be kept between us until it’s been released, but Vittoria shot Peyton. She fell down the stairs and broke her neck afterwards.

Bralen: Oh my God! Where was this?

Kyle: Look, I’ve told you more than I should right now.

Bralen (turning to leave): Okay, well, thanks.

Kyle: And Bralen (pause) thanks for looking out for him (gesturing to Heath).

Bralen: No problem. (he leaves)

Kyle (having walked over to the couch and sitting on the couch): Heath. (gently shaking him)

Heath (shouting): No! (opening his eyes) Oh, Kyle, it’s you.

His arms fly out and around Kyle as The Pretenders’ “I’ll Stand by You” starts playing softly in the background. Heath’s eyes gave way to a flood, his body softening in Kyle’s embrace as his tears wet the fabric of Kyle’s shirt. Kyle tried to pull himself from Heath to face him, but Heath’s grasp was too strong.

Heath: Just hold me.

Kyle: Okay.

They held each other in silence for a few minutes before Kyle successfully pulled himself away from Heath, whose eyes were all watery and red. He also saw the bruises and cuts on his skin.

Kyle: Now tell me what happened. Bralen said you were attacked.

Heath: Th-They just came at me.

Kyle: They? It was a group?

Heath: it was like four of them. They jumped me in the parking lot.

Kyle: Where?

Heath: At the Hawk Eye. (seeing Kyle pulling out his phone) What are you doing?

Kyle: I’m calling the Hawk Eye—

Heath: No! Don’t!

Kyle (dropping the phone): Oh my God, Heath! What’s wrong? You’re trembling.

Heath (throwing his arms around Kyle again): I-I’m so sorry for everything, Kyle. (breaking down into a fit of tears) I never—

Kyle: Never mind that. Right now I’m concerned about you. I don’t understand why you weren’t taken to the hospital. Your cuts are dressed, but I could swear I felt a lump on your back head.

Heath: I don’t want to go to the hospital.

Kyle: Heath, you need to be checked out. You could have suffered a concussion.

Heath: I suffered far worse than that.

Kyle (softly): What happened?

Heath (crying again): They held a knife to me and made me do stuff to them.

Kyle: Oh my God! I-I’m so sorry, Heath.

Heath (continuing): They forced themselves into me, pinning me to the ground, threatening to kill me if I screamed. One of them nearly broke my arm holding it behind my back. I had never been so scared in all my life.

Kyle (rising from couch): That’s it. We’re going down to the station. We have to report this.

Heath (pleadingly): No, Kyle, I can’t!

Kyle (sitting back down and taking Heath’s face into his hands): Look at me. I promise you I’m going to get the sick sons-of-bitches who did this to you, but I need your help.

Heath (shaking his head): Please don’t make me do this!

Kyle (urgently): We have to—

Heath (pushing him away and rising): I thought you would understand.

Kyle: Heath, you were sexually assaulted.

Heath: I was raped! (the sound of a key fumbling in the lock can be heard) That’s probably Tristan. Please don’t tell him.

Tristan at last succeeded in stumbling into the apartment. Just one glance at him told them both he was drunk, let alone he gave off the stench of alcohol. Despite his inebriated state, he had enough clarity of mind to remember his sworn war with Kyle.

Tristan: What the fuck are you doing here?

Kyle (looking down at Heath’s pleading face and eyes): I—uh—came to see how you were holding up. I guess I got my answer. You look—

Tristan: Hammered? So what? I just lost my best friend and had to call her mother in Italy to break the news to her. Can you imagine what that’s like?

Kyle: I’m really sorry.

Tristan: Then get off my fucking case.

Kyle: Just stay in for the rest of the night. You definitely shouldn’t be out or driving in your condition.

Tristan (stumbling over a pair of Vittoria’s shoes): Don’t worry about that, Kyle. (sitting next to Heath on the couch) I plan on staying home (ostensibly laying his hand on Heath’s inner leg) for some real comforting.

Kyle noticed the look of uneasiness on Heath’s face with Tristan touching him. Even though Tristan was drunk, Kyle still wanted to break his neck. The insensitive bastard can’t even see the bruises on Heath. It was just as Kyle was about to take action that Heath pushed away Tristan’s roaming hand as it reached his groin. Heath shot up from the couch and darted into the other room.

Tristan (to Kyle): What the fuck is his problem?

Kyle: You! (marching out the living room to find Heath in the bedroom) Do you want to come home with me? I-I know that sounds awkward but given what just happened.

Heath: I can handle Tristan.

Kyle: Are you sure you want to stay? (Heath nods) You call me if he tries anything funny. (turning to go)

Heath: Kyle?

Kyle: Yes?

Heath (long pause): I just—uh—want (sniffling) to thank you for not telling him.

Kyle (eyes watering): You know I would do anything for you. I-I had better leave.

The tension in the room was too much for Kyle. He wanted to go over to Heath, hold him, and cradle him to sleep, let him know that he was loved beyond measure… that no catastrophe would change the way he felt about him. I may not have been there for you these past months, but I’ll be damned if I leave you to handle this on your own. I still love you, Heathcliff Alcott.

Kyle: I’ll come round tomorrow. Please give some thought to what I said.

It was the hardest thing for Kyle to walk out the door, but at least some of his anxiety was calmed by the fact that Tristan had passed out on the couch. Heath waited until hearing the door close before lying on the bed and bringing his body into the fetal position to cry himself to sleep, praying that he didn’t draw the attention of a drunken, sexually aroused Tristan.

CALLUM’S HOME, HOLLYCOVE ESTATES, MONDAY

Monday morning came with the promise of a new work week and assuredly one of mourning for the members of the Los Angeles Outrunners. Callum felt rather listless as he rose to shower that morning. Godfrey had brought him breakfast in bed, and Talon had left him a rose on his pillow. They had had a mild argument when Talon had once more pushed the idea of them leaving America. Callum’s original plan still stood as he would steal Talon’s passport when they were away, ditch him, and come back to California to finish his mission. Oh Nathan! And just when things were going so well for us! That was such a magical kiss on the pier two days ago. But then it was nearly threatened by Talon. If you and Talon were to ever meet… banish the thought! Well, at least Talon is going to work today. The Getty should keep him fairly occupied as I handle my affairs with Brendon and Allison.

Talon (popping his head into the room): Wish me good luck on my first day. Are you sure you’ll be fine with me gone all day?

Callum: I don’t need a sitter, Talon.

Talon (coming over): But you do need one of these. (kisses him) I’ll be home this evening. Bye.

As soon as he left, Callum went downstairs, seeing the media camped outside the property. First, the kidnapping and now murder. I’ll soon have the most infamous address in Los Angeles and that can only spell trouble. I should get some sunshine, perhaps relax by the pool. I’ll have Godfrey bring some tea. What the bloody hell! He had come out onto the pool deck just in time to see Justin sneaking onto the property.

Callum (loudly): Planning on stealing more than just my car this time?

Justin (rushing up to him, panting): I can’t talk long. I think Brendon is having me followed.

Callum: Why would he do that? Did you run off with his priceless china?

Justin: Look, Callum, I need some money. I’m leaving town.

Callum: What’s wrong? Daddy Dearest caught you nicking sweets after your bedtime.

Justin: He’s trying to send me away to military camp or some shit like that.

Callum: So that he can make a real man out of you? Then perhaps Nathan will show real interest in you.

Justin: He knows the truth. I’m sure you had something to do with that.

Callum: My nana always said the truth shall set you free.

Justin: Except I’m not free! I just need some help getting out of town.

Callum: I was under the impression that your father wanted you in his life.

Justin: He called the police and told them I wanted to confess to lying about Nathan. That’s when I left. Please help me, Callum!

Callum: You never listened to me. Go back home, Justin. Admit you were wrong.

Justin: Didn’t you fucking hear me? He’s going to send me away!

Callum: I promise you it won’t come to that, especially if you’re “legally emancipated.”

Justin: What the hell does that mean?

Callum: Just trust me on this. Go home, confess, and I’ll handle the rest. Be sure to tell them that Vittoria was also trying to sell you drugs. I have big plans for your father, and by week’s end you won’t have to worry about him… (sotto voce) and neither will I.

STARBUCKS COFFEE, WEST HOLLYWOOD, MONDAY MORNING

Drake took his first sip of iced coffee when he looked up and saw that Bralen had just got his tea at the checkout counter and was looking for a place to sit. Drake loudly beckoned for him to come sit down at his table. The beautiful sunny mornings were just so breathtaking for Drake. He loved Los Angeles but missed Boston, although he was glad to have left the city after that political scandal that nearly tore apart his marriage to Austin.

Bralen (coming over): Drake, how are you this morning?

Drake: Please sit down. I could use some company.

Bralen (sitting down): You sure you want to be seen with me?

Drake: I’m not passing judgment on you. I hardly know you.

Bralen: Well, you’re kinder than most people are to me now. I can’t even go inside my own gym. Look what I got on my doorstep this morning.

He rumbled in his backpack and threw a cardboard box on the tabletop. Drake picked it up, turned it over, and tried his best to suppress a bout of laughter. It was a cereal box that had Bralen’s picture on it with the word CHEATIES superimposed over his image.

Drake: Don’t pay those jerks any mind. They don’t know you. (pause) So what brings you on this side of town? Monday morning traffic from Santa Monica to West Hollywood must be awful.

Bralen (solemnly, his eyes tearing up): I—uh—was on my way to Peyton’s home, but I couldn’t bring myself to go inside.

Drake: Austin and I were so sorry to hear what happened. It’s all so tragic. I take it you two were close.

Bralen: We were best friends and roommates for a few years.

Drake: If there’s anything I can do to help out—

Bralen: Actually, there is. Would you come with me into his place? I just don’t want to go in there alone.

Drake: If you don’t mind my asking, but why are you going there?

Bralen: Peyton and I were sworn porn pals.

Drake (nearly spitting out his coffee): What?

Bralen: Well, he unofficially willed me his porn collection should he go first, and I likewise pledged the same. I know it sounds crazy, but there’s another reason for getting it out his place. His mom is coming into town for the funeral and will be staying there.

Drake (whistling): Whoa!

Bralen: Yes, and she’s the—uh—snooping type. After she’s raided the obvious places where he keeps the alcohol, she goes looking for where he hides the rest.

Drake (laughing): Sounds like she’s fond of the drink? Like mother, like son, right?

Bralen: You haven’t met Priscilla. She’s Peyton to the 10th degree. So will you come with me?

Drake agreed, and they drove over to Peyton’s home, the place giving off a jarringly isolated feeling once they entered. Drake saw that Peyton kept a very lovely home, the décor very simple but charming. He practiced feng-shui from the placement of the furniture. Bralen led him to Peyton’s bedroom closet, which had a hidden door behind all the clothing. Bralen pushed into it, and they descended down a short flight of stairs that led to the wine cellar. Bralen explained that Peyton had it designed this way for easy access to the alcohol when he got the desire in the middle of the night. When they got downstairs, Bralen pushed open another door in the northwest corner, explaining that it once served as a nice-sized pantry, but as Drake saw, it now housed a gigantic supply of porn to rival a small Internet company. Hundreds of titles were on the rows. Drake’s eyes bulged, his amazement in full display.

Drake: Who the hell alphabetizes and then categorizes their porn by genre?

Bralen: That was Peyton for you. As you can see, he even kept a small stock of lesbian porn (winking) for Allison and her friends. Oh, shit, I didn’t know he had started a collection of foot and armpit fetish porn.

Drake: What do you plan on doing with all this?

Bralen: Ebay! And if that doesn’t work, I’m sure the annual Outrunners holiday garage sale should do the trick (suddenly seeing Drake’s frozen expression). What is it?

Drake: This corner.

Bralen: Oh yeah, Peyton was open-minded. Even though he practiced safe sex, he did have pre-condom titles along with some newer bareback titles. You can close your mouth, Drake. I was shocked, too, when I first saw cocks that big, but I learned how to take them. (turning away) Anyway, let’s get to work putting these in trash bags.

Bralen had been seriously wrong about the reason for Drake’s sudden display of shock. He had definitely seen his fair share of gargantuan cocks. While Peyton’s back was to him, Drake surreptitiously stole one particular title from the bareback section and quickly hid it in his jacket, not once feeling any guilt for the action.

ALLISON AND CHLOE’S HOME, LOS FELIZ, MONDAY MID-AFTERNOON

Allison: Are you sure you want to stay at that house by yourself? There’s plenty room here, Priscilla.

Priscilla: Oh, heavens, no! I want to feel close to my son. Besides, I’m sure he’d want me to stay there and tidy the place.

Allison: How are you holding up?

Priscilla: Leave it to Peyton to decide to die on me when I was bathing with Pierre at the Savoy. I had to catch the next immediate flight out Paris.

Allison: Back up. Pierre? Who’s that?

Priscilla: Oh, he’s my masseur.

Allison: And you were bathing with him?

Priscilla: Oh, Allison, you wouldn’t understand (winking). A girl was feeling very generous with her euros.

Allison: Oh, Priscilla!

Priscilla: He was working very hard for both my gratuity… and my orgasm.

Allison: I see even death can’t dampen your sense of humor. (the doorbell rings, and Allison hops up)

Priscilla: I’ll get it. I’m closer to the door. (opening it)

Nathan: Priscilla, you made it. (hugging her) Is Allison in?

Priscilla (using her free hand to spank Nathan’s bottom and grasp his tight butt): She’s here. Come on in.

Nathan: What a greeting, Priscilla. You haven’t changed a bit.

Priscilla (closing the door): Speaking of changing, have you given any thoughts to converting?

Nathan: I’m fine with my religion.

Priscilla: I was—as usual—referring to your sexuality.

Nathan: Oh, Priscilla!

Priscilla: What can I say? I’m the original MILF and cougar rolled into one. And Nathan, you’re just one hot piece of ass! (winking at him) If I can’t be the one, I sure as hell hope Brendon’s enjoying your assets.

Nathan (putting his hands on her shoulders): How are you holding up?

Priscilla (finally breaking her façade): I’m going to fucking scream if someone asks me that damn question again. How the hell do you think I’m handling it? I just lost my only child. (tears flowing down her face as she falls into the nearest chair)

Allison and Nathan (rushing to her): Are you fine?

Priscilla (being given a handkerchief by Nathan): I’ll be fine. You know it’s just not fair! I’m supposed to go first. That’s how it should be. (balling her fists) I just want my precious baby boy back!

Allison prayed that Chloe, sleeping upstairs, wouldn’t hear Priscilla’s crying, and especially the exclamation she had just made.

Allison: I’ll get you some tea, Priscilla.

Priscilla: To hell with tea! Get me some scotch on the rocks. On second thought, damn the rocks! Give it to me straight up. (noticing Allison’s hesitance) And don’t give me any of that bull about there not being any alcohol in this house. You’re a lesbian for God’s sake!

Nathan (taking her hand as Allison leaves the room): Just let me know if there’s anything I can do.

Priscilla: Your mother’s so lucky to still have you in her life. I’m sure you were a good son.

Nathan: I’m sure she’d beg to differ. I was a handful as a kid.

Priscilla (weeping): So was my little Peyton. Sometimes I called him “little Satan.” I swear I spanked him several times a day. (noticing the look of astonishment on Nathan’s face) I keep forgetting that your generation believes in all that “time out” bullshit. No, not I! The Scriptures say “spare the rod, spoil the child.” (pause) Little did I know my baby would actually grow up to like the rod in more ways than one.

Nathan (laughing): I’m sure you were a great mother.

Priscilla: And you were a great son. Of course, had you been mine, I would have been arrested for incest. (looking up to see Nathan laugh as Allison returns) Oh, there, you are with my drink. What took you so long? You’re supposed to be a runner.

Nathan: Well, I’m going to leave now. I just wanted to touch base with Allison, but we can do that another time. (to Priscilla) Like I said, if you need anything—besides sex—don’t hesitate to call me.

Priscilla (as soon as the door closes): Too bad his mother didn’t send him to one of those religious “de-gaying” camps. Lord knows I could have been his Mrs. Robinson.

WEST LOS ANGELES CHURCH, MONDAY AFTERNOON

Brendon felt extremely conflicted, and while he was relieved to be back in Nathan’s life, he knew it was at Justin’s expense. Something had to be done about the boy. He consulted Kyle, who suggested military camp as a safe option as he needed a good dose of discipline, and sending him off to boarding school would most likely result in an endless stream of expulsions. It was during his talk to Kyle that he inquired about Peyton’s death only to learn he had been murdered by Vittoria Morelli, who herself had fallen to her death down the stairs at Callum’s home.

Rob Dougan’s “Furious Angels” begins playing softly in the background of this scene as Brendon nearly dropped the phone upon learning this. That’s why she hasn’t returned any of my calls. Oh my God! She killed an innocent person, and I gave her the means to take his life. But how did Peyton become the victim? It was supposed to be Callum! The remainder of the morning he tried to force himself to live as normally as possible, but Justin temporarily ran away when he called the police for him to make his confession to clear Nathan’s name. Fortunately, his absence had been less than two hours, and he came back mysteriously cooperative and telling the officer the whole sordid truth. It as toward midday that he left the house to go the church to clear his mind. He went to the prayer chapel, where he hoped to achieve peace of mind and unburden himself of the guilt that had been increasingly weighing on his conscience.

The chapel was empty, the little room dimly lit by the altar of candles. Brendon hoped to be swallowed by the quiet, desiring to be cleansed of his part in the tragedy that had shaken him to his core. He lit a candle for Peyton and knelt down before the altar, the silence soon punctuated by his weeping. He had never wanted it to end this way. A spasm of pain shot through his head. Damn migraines! They had not ceased and were a constant reminder of his own attack in the park by the woman who had taken Peyton’s life. This circle of violence must end, and it must start with me. I promise, you, God, that I will do everything within my power to set things right even though I can’t bring either of them back.

He rose from his knelt position, turned to leave when he was startled by Callum’s presence as if he were a specter suddenly appearing.

Brendon: C-Callum, what are you doing here?

Callum: I came to make a generous donation to this church. My son was returned to me on the steps outside, and I wanted to come here as I was thinking about Peyton, who loved my son.

Brendon (eerily taken aback by the civility Callum’s showing him): I lit a candle for him. He’s been on my mind a lot today.

Callum: As he should be since you’re the reason he’s dead, you bastard!

Brendon didn’t see the punch coming but certainly felt its impact as Callum’s fist sent his body backwards and crashing into the altar. The fabric of his shirt caught on fire, the flame greedily glowing brighter with Brendon’s shouts. He threw himself to the floor and rolled over to extinguish it, all the time Callum stood silently watching the spectacle, saddened when Brendon rose from the floor, physically unscarred by the action but emotionally shaken.

Brendon: What’s got into you?

Callum: That was just a taste of the real hell you’ll soon be experiencing, you bastard!

Brendon: We’re in a church for heaven’s sake!

Callum (nonchalantly): Did I not tell you I’m an atheist when it suits me?

Brendon: I understand you’re grieving, but this isn’t—

Callum: Cut the act, Brendon. I know you sent that whore to kill me. You even supplied her with the gun and bullets, and now Peyton is dead all because of you. (tears bursting from his eyes)

Brendon: Don’t you think I know that! (sitting down in a pew) I have been asking God for forgiveness this entire time. I-I never—(emotionally choking on his words and falling to the floor)

Callum: I hope He doesn’t grant you forgiveness because you’re going straight to hell if I have anything to do with it. As God is my witness, I will make you suffer for this. By the time I’m done, you will lose everything—Nathan, Justin—

Brendon (aggressively rising): You stay away from them! (wiping away his tears) This is between you and me. Leave them out of this. I never meant for this to happen.

Callum: What? For Peyton to die? Or for me to still be alive?

Brendon: Peyton didn’t deserve this. He was the most—

Callum: Blah! Blah! Blah! Save it for the eulogy. I would consider it ironic for you to be at his funeral since you’re the reason he’s dead. But I’ll grant you that moment of solace to pay your respects.

Brendon: Pardon?

Callum: You heard me. I’m basically offering you a truce until after the funeral at which point you should have finished writing your own obituary.

Brendon: How dare you!

Callum: Once his body is laid to rest, I will make you pay for this… you, Allison, and anyone else who has done me wrong. Not you, not LAPD, and not even God will keep me from seeing you all suffer so much that you’ll be dying to join Peyton. (pause) And yes, the pun was intended.

He turned and left the chapel as silently as he had come. A cold breeze blew into the room, putting out the candles and efficiently putting the room into blackness. It was at that moment that Brendon realized it was not the effect of the total occlusion of light but the real darkness of Callum’s prophecy descending upon him.

TO BE CONTINUED…

No comments: